As a fairly new blogger I was pleasantly surprised to see Taylor Greenwald from Greenwaldmom nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Even though I’m grateful for the award, I’m even more grateful knowing my words have touched another person’s life in some way, shape or form.
Ever since I started blogging my number one goal is to help others gain writing confidence so you can share your stories with the world. I believe we all hold stories worth sharing, and the more I can help the better.
How and Why I Started a Blog
I started this blog first as an overall parenting blog in June of 2016; however, after 8 months of blogging hiatus I learned I wasn’t passionate about parenting posts. I felt purposeful when I wrote about helping women write with confidence and share their story.
In April of 2017 I began posting about writing and blogging, and I haven’t slowed down yet. I’m passionate about topics like how writing can better mental health and how to increase productivity while working from home.
There’s a freedom in doing and sharing what you love. This blog is one of my loves, because I’ve built it from the ground up and invest a lot of care and time into it. One day I hope to show my daughter what I accomplished for our family as a writer and entrepreneur. She’s what drives me every day to be a better person and a better blogger.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Give yourself plenty of room for learning and growing. There is a humungous learning curve when you start your first blog. I’m still learning every day about blog traffic, blog keywords, how to gain more of an audience, etc. Thankfully there are lots of resources online from fellow bloggers. Give yourself some slack. Your blog will gain traction if you put the work and time into it.
- Make sure you love what you’re supposed to be writing about. You don’t want your blog, you online baby, your side hustle to be a chore. You want to LOVE what you work on and write about, because you’re going to be doing this daily. If you dread writing for your blog right now, then it’s time to look at other options. Your blog won’t work if you aren’t 100% invested mentally, purposefully, and passionately.
15 Blogger Nominees
These 15 blogs are ones I read almost weekly. There is a mixture of personal motherhood blogs and entrepreneur blogs. Nonetheless, these people are inspiring, and you won’t be disappointed reading their stories. In no particular order:
- Ashli from Baby on the Brehm
- Lauren from Black Top To Dirt Road
- Liz from Liz Petrone
- Aimee from MamaCentric
- Suzi from Start A Mom Blog
- Nicole from Nicole Bianchi
- Nica and Ben from Beauty and Cherries
- Sheila from In Search of Sheila
- Nicole from Uniquely Women
- Becky from Your Modern Family
- Diedre from Are Those Your Kids
- Kelsey from Simply, Life on Purpose
- Signe from Say-n-Play Columbus
- Kristen from Coffee and Kisses For Mama
- Beth Anne from Brilliant Business Moms
If you amazing bloggers deicide to accept the nomination, then please do the following:
- Write a post about being nominated
- Give a brief story of how and why you started a blog
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and link back to their blog
- Select and notify 15 other blogs you wish to give the award to
I love this blogging community and how we can help raise each other up. Taylor, thanks so much again for the nomination. <3